Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry is creating exceptional opportunities for people like you. Here, you won’t just be part of the team, you’ll be part of our nationwide family. We’ve built a network of 330 practices with 20 state-of-the-art 24-hour centres that are all home to a family of professionals who provide a high standard of care. You won’t just help to deliver care, you’ll deliver exceptional care for your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all supported by your colleagues and some of the best training and development in the industry. Join us where we’re building better every day.
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Medivet Minster
Our Vets are responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
The ideal candidate should be competent in practice with a minimal of 2 years' experience (UK or equivalent).
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
Full time salary package up to £45,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4-day working week with 1:3 full weekends.
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - Accommodation allowance or Accommodation available if required
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Certificate funding
- - Fair share of bank holiday and on-call rota
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1 day 'Paternity Leave
Weekend work on a fair rota basis with time back in leau.
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
- Prescribe medication
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- Euthanise patients
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
- Maintain medical Patients medical records
At Medivet Minster, you'll find a kind, caring and compassionate team committed to looking after your pet. Offering a wide range of services and excellent facilities, we're well-equipped to deliver the highest standard of veterinary service possible.
We look forward to welcoming you.
For more information contact Nabi – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07961834919