Student Veterinary Nurses
Our Student Veterinary Nurses have training and full support to pick up the skills, knowledge and experience they need to become a fully-fledged Registered Veterinary Nurse.See our SVN vacancies
About the role
Student Veterinary Nurses usually start as Veterinary Care Assistants before enrolling in a college. As a full-time member of your practice team, you’ll assist with essential nursing duties and care, all while being supported by the practice staff and your dedicated Clinical Coach.
As part of your training, you’ll also be expected to attend an accredited college to learn essential and advanced veterinary nursing theory. This is taught over the course of three years for a level 3 diploma, or four years for a degree at the Royal Veterinary College, after which you’ll graduate as a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary, including London weighting
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Four weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- A friendly, supportive environment to help you have a successful start to your nursing career
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
Progression and development are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re dedicated to supporting our Student Veterinary Nurses as they start their career in nursing. Through regular performance reviews and catch-ups, we provide you with a wealth of opportunities to develop your skills in whichever way you choose.
There are several rewarding career paths available to our Student Veterinary Nurses.
- Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Deputy Head Veterinary Nurse
- Head Veterinary Nurse
- Area Manager
- Clinical Operations Manager
- Clinical Coach and Mentor