Do the tranquil surroundings of historical Cambridgeshire appeal to you?
Medivet Impington is a small and friendly practice on the outskirts of Cambridgeshire with very accessible transport links and beautiful country walks on your doorstep. The serene villages of Histon and Milton are a 5 minute drive away and 15-20 minutes further down the road is Cambridge city centre, known for it’s iconic University and views of the River Cam. This practice comes with a varied small-animal caseload and is well-equipped with digital radiography and ultrasound.
We are looking for a confident Veterinary Surgeon who is happy to work sole charge occasionally, to come and join us part time on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract for a Maternity Cover starting on 2 April 2024.
Medivet Impington has an excellent support structure in place and take pride in a collaborative approach; we are a team of 11, with 4 Vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs, 2 Receptionists and 1 Patient Care Assistant.
If a healthy work-life balance is what you’re after or you have other commitments during the week, this job may be for you. Your working pattern will be Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday plus only 1 in 4 Saturdays.
Our full practice address is Middlewhite Building, St Georges Way, Impington, Cambridge CB24 9AF and we have plenty of onsite parking.
Salary & Benefits
- £37,147 – £40,862 per year based on a 3-day week and 1 in 4 weekends
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- CPD allowance £1,500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum (pro-rated)
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package of up to £2,000 (up to £5,000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
- 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
Your Skills and Experience
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.