Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make areal difference.
This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team. This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.
This is an exciting opportunity suited to a motivated and experienced vet. You will be leading a friendly team of one other veterinary surgeon, three veterinary nurses and a veterinary care assistant. Practice facilities include digital x-ray, ultrasound, lab equipment, prep area and equipped theatre. You will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload in our clinic.
This role is full-time working over 4 days, with 1 in 6 weekends at our 24 hour centre in Watford.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
• Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
• Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
• Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
• Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
• Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
• Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
• Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
• Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
• Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your skills and experience
• RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
• Minimum of three years of small animal practice experience.
• A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
• Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
• Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
• Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
• Confident working sole charge.
• Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
• A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet Stanmore is situated on the high street surrounded by local shops and amenities. A newly refurbished practice boasting from newly fitted consult rooms and not forgetting our spacious reception area.