Medivet Wem are looking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. No specific interests or certificates needed. However, if you wanted to pursue additional qualifications we are in a position to support that.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside 2 other experienced vets and a team of 5 nurses and reception staff. Although we would ideally be looking for a full time candidate, we can also offer flexibility with this role and are open to candidates who want to work part-time for the right fit.
The ideal role would be a 4 day week giving you excellent work/life balance with 1:6 full weekends at our 24hr hospital giving you a great visibility of cases. The weekends are worked alongside another vet and a team of experienced qualified nurses.
Our hospital have a great relationship with this branch and are an extension of the services already offered by Wem. Our hospital have CT’s, hydro treadmill, laparoscopic spays, tono pen and endoscope.
Wem is a beautiful practice recently undergone a refurbishment, they have a very loyal, compliant client base, 15 minute appointments and a ream that will eat lunch together as they are a very close team.
Wem is custom built and have a separate cat and dog kennelling areas, prep in the middle of the building surrounded by x-ray, theatre, and consult rooms.
Key benefits include:
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days’ CPD leave.
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Relocation allowance should you move more than 50 miles from your current address.
- We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
Please contact email@example.com for a friendly initial conversation.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your Skills and Experience
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.