Here at Medivet Harrogate Oak Beck Way, our aim is to deliver the most accessible, comprehensive and high-quality veterinary care possible, and we are seeking to grow this very friendly and supportive team even further with an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon.
Oak Beck Way is a large clinic with tonnes of growth potential and is well equipped with:
- Digital x-ray, doppler blood pressure and multi-parameter that includes ECG, capnography, pulse oximetry and oscillometric blood pressure.
- 3 large consulting rooms, large prep area and theatre suits with dedicated separate kennel space for cats and dogs.
The practice would be suited to a Veterinary Surgeon who wishes to progress in Post Graduate Certification and expand their clinical skills further. With the opportunity to become a Branch Partner or Lead Vet in the future.
Within our hub-and-spoke model we have our own dedicated 24 hour hospital at Thirsk Skeldale that covers our out of hours service.
Our key benefits include:
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package if relocating from outside the UK or more than 50 miles from your current UK address.
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid.
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Leadership training
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
We can be flexible for those that are seeking full time or part time hours for this position, please contact email@example.com for a friendly confidential conversation.
Why join the team at Harrogate Oak Beck Way?
A large clinic with an established and extremely dedicated client base, a close knit team working together to support each other, their patients and their clients. Not only does the clinic offer a great setting for veterinary excellence, Harrogate as a town is simply beautiful!
Harrogate alone was voted one of the happiest places to live in the UK in 2022 (6th in the whole of the UK and number 1 in Yorkshire). With excellent transport links; trains, buses and a close proximity to Leeds Bradford Airport it is a great location for those wishing to travel and explore.
Harrogate is the home of the Great Yorkshire Show and Betty’s Tea Room, with a vibrant city centre, perfect for dining out and an array of shopping brands available. Gyms, sports clubs and numerous luxury spas on your doorstep, it is the perfect place to wind down after a busy week in practice!
With the North Yorkshire Moor and numerous national trust locations; Fountain Abbey, Brimham Rocks, it is the perfect location for hikes and adventure. And of course, you can even pop on a steam train to Whitby if you wish!
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Skills and experience
- Qualified MRCVS
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a small animal practice
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery (Surgery support can be offered via our experienced Lead Veterinary Surgeon should it be required).
- Competent in working sole charge or as part of the wider team
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills