Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet have an opportunity for a lead vet to join the team at our practice in South Wooton.
Medivet South Wooton is a well-placed and good-sized practice with a dedicated team, good clinical standards and an established client base. A rebrand is in the pipeline and the practice is already well-equipped so this would be a great opportunity for any vet looking to take the next step in their career whilst not having to build a practice up from scratch.
South Wooton is an idyllic English village that offers a tranquil retreat while also providing easy access to modern amenities such as charming village shops, welcoming pubs, and community spaces. Access to the A148 gives great access to nearby Kings Lynn and is a key route into the beautiful Norfolk countryside. Access to Kings Lynn railway links allows access to Cambridge, Ely, and London.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours per week over four days with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends but we’re open to being flexible where we can so let us know what works for you.
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, we want to be the best place for vets and nurses to work and we’re putting in the effort to do that. For more information contact email@example.com
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
Your skills and experience
- Proficiency in performing a variety of surgical procedures, ranging from routine to more complex procedures.
- Experience diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in small animals.
- Experience in providing emergency veterinary care and managing critical cases.
- Familiarity with veterinary software, diagnostic tools and medical equipment commonly used in practice.
- Effective communication ability, enabling positive interaction with clients, team members, and other stakeholders alongside the ability to explain medical procedures, treatment plans in a clear and empathetic manner.
- Proficiency in managing a caseload, prioritizing tasks, and effectively managing time.
- Ability to collaborate with other veterinary professionals, support staff, and specialists to provide comprehensive care for animals.
- Working alongside our support teams on the business side of veterinary practice, including budgeting, resource allocation, client acquisition and recruitment.
- Willingness to stay updated with the latest advancements in veterinary medicine through continuing education, workshops, and conferences via our package of CPD allowance and days off.
- A strong sense of empathy and compassion towards animals and their owners, along with the ability to provide emotional support in difficult situations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to handle complex cases and unexpected medical situations alongside the team in practice.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, colleagues in practice and regional support teams.
- Ability to manage conflict within the team alongside our people team or with clients in practice in a professional and constructive manner.
Our lead vets are responsible for directing the practice and it’s staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for it’s success. Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available, you can own part of the clinic and have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.