Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Are you ready for the next step in your veterinary career?
Have you thought about becoming a Lead Vet or even a Branch Partner?
Then we can aide in this becoming your reality; you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the veterinary team and ensuring the provision of exceptional medical care to our patients. Your leadership skills, clinical expertise, and passion for animal welfare alongside the support we provide through our regional teams and support centre will contribute significantly to the continued success and growth of the practice, your team and yourself.
Dearne Valley is a 24-hour purpose-built facility with up-to-date digital x-ray, ultrasound and full body CT scanner and an in-house laboratory. The practice has 3 large consulting rooms, 2 theatres, large prep area, internal lab facilities and large learning and office spaces.
We are committed to providing a high quality, good value and honest veterinary service to all pets, both day and night. Building strong relationships with each other and our clients is important to us, while pushing forward with new techniques and management of cases.
We encourage growth in all our staff and opportunities for further education and study are available. The team is dynamic, overflowing with enthusiasm and drive which is contagious and makes everyone strive to achieve their best.
Lead Veterinary Surgeon offers:
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package if relocating from outside the UK or more than 50 miles from your current UK address.
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid.
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Leadership training
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Encourage a progressive clinical culture that is consistent with compliance, internal corporate policy and external regulatory standards across the region, through monitoring and driving improvements against RCVS and BVA guidelines.
- Drive and deliver high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients, inspiring your team to do the same.
- Responsible of driving the commercial and operational performance of the practice.
- Supporting your team of colleagues with strong leadership and compassion to achieve overall team performance and engagement.
- Delivery our ‘exceptional care, always there’ culture with our pets, clients and colleagues and always going the extra mile.
Skills and experience
- Qualified MRCVS
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a small animal practice
- Previous Leadership experience would be advantageous.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.