Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Are you a experienced Veterinary Surgeon that is looking for that next step in your career?
Have you thought in the past about setting up your own practice but don’t know where to start?
We have an amazing opportunity at Medivet Chadderton for a Branch Partner to join the Medivet community, you will be empowered to run your own business with complete clinical freedom in partnership with Medivet. You will have full support of our Regional teams and Support Centre function along with the well established team in the practice.
As well as your day to day duties within the practice caring for your patients and clients, you will play a key role in leading, developing and managing the team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday.
- Ability to sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet, offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package.
Below is the benefits for a Lead Vet Surgeon role if you are not quite ready for Branch Partnership this would enable you to come in and “try before you buy”
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £80,000 (FTE)
- 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com for further enquiries.
The clinic has recently under gone a scheme of refurbishment works bringing it in line with the Medivet brand. The clinic is well-equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house blood machines, endoscopic equipment, separate dog and cat wards. We have two veterinary surgeons, four RVN’s and two receptionists.