As a Veterinary Surgeon you will play a pivotal role in diagnosing, treating and managing various medical conditions in small animal practice. Using a combination of your medical expertise, surgical proficiency, and communication skills to provide exceptional care, ensuring the health and happiness of our patients and clients.
You will be competent in clinical examination, routine surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £60,000 per annum (FTE)
• Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
• Relocation package of up to £2000 (Up to £5000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
• CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum (FTE)
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays (FTE)
• RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
• Funded certificate opportunities
• 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Pension scheme
• Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
• Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
• Colleague purchase scheme
• Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
This role is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, full time or part time hours available, we’re open to being flexible where we can so will consider all possible working patterns.
- Daily duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Proactively support a culture of putting our pets, clients and colleagues first, and always going the extra mile.
- Manage the consistent delivery of exceptional care in all aspects of the client journey and instil a culture of customer service throughout your practice
Skills and experience
The team at Whittlesey deliver exceptional care to clients and patients, from routine vaccinations to surgery and emergency treatment. Our surgery is fully equipped with modern facilities and diagnostic equipment.
Our light and airy practice has been refurbished in the last two years and offers plenty of natural light into our large premises. We offer a large on-site parking, spacious reception, staff room area and a lovely garden.
We’re located in the part of England where the rain falls the least and the sun shines the most! The town of Whittlesey sits on the very western edge of the fens, 6 miles east of Peterborough.
Peterborough is a large city best known for its magnificent gothic Cathedral. Its central location gives you the perfect opportunity to explore, the beautiful seaside of the West Norfolk coast, and Peterborough station also offers direct rail links to London King’s Cross in just an hour.
If you would like further information about the role or would prefer an informal chat before applying, please contact Nicola on Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org