Our practice at Maidenbower in Crawley’s suburbs is hiring a new Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team, including 2 experienced vets, nurses and supporting staff, who are renowned in the area for their exceptional level of care to our patients.
The practice sits in a busy residential area and close to local shops, a doctor’s surgery and easy access to the beautiful Sussex countryside. We have 2 consult rooms, , x-ray, full lab, theatre, 2 dental machines, ultrasound, endoscope, lap, orthopaedics and we are one of the few practices locally that houses a very popular hydrotherapy unit.
The opportunity would suit either an experienced vet or one looking expand their career with a varied caseload of consults and surgery across a loyal customer base.
Key benefits include:
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave extensive in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid
- Certificates encouraged and funded
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities
- 20% staff discount for own pets
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
- Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Knowledge of animal behaviour and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analysers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.