We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Medivet Sheerness.
Our Vets are responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
The ideal candidate should be competent in practice with a minimal of 2 years' experience (UK or equivalent).
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
This role covers 40 hours a week, spread across 4 working days per week, providing great work-life balance. The shift pattern includes 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 Full weekends
Full time salary package up to £55,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Certificate funding if desired
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
Weekend work on a fair rota basis with time back in leau.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
- Prescribe medication
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- Euthanise patients
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Qualified MRCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
Sheerness is a town next to the River Medway on the north-west corner of the Isle of Sheppey in north Kent.
We are small, friendly team who work well together. The practice is equipped with in-house lab, standard x-ray and ultrasound with Colour Doppler. Martin, our Lead Vet has an interest in Cardiology and is enjoying getting to know our new ultrasound!
Residents of Sheerness and the surrounding areas can enjoy life by the seaside while still being approx. 1.5 hours from exciting London.
Our address is 7 Minster Road Minster On Sea Sheerness ME12 3JD
For more information contact Nabi – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07961834919