An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our Warrendale Veterinary Centre in Knypersley, nestled on the Staffordshire / Cheshire border. You will be working in our long-established team lead by our highly motivated Branch Partner - Richard.
Richard is a highly dedicated veterinary surgeon with a keen interest in dentistry and orthopaedics. We are looking for a confident and driven veterinary surgeon to work alongside him.
The practice caseload includes reptiles and exotic pets so this position could suit someone with an interest in treating those species. Equally if you hold other interests we would like to help you develop them. Support would be given to any candidate who wished to progress or complete a certificate. They also have an additional waiting room for cats only and a cat only consulting room which would suit someone who has a keen interest in feline medicine.
We will accommodate both full time and part time hours.
Salary & benefits:
Salary package up to £55,000 full time equivalent or pro rata for part time hours to include:
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package if relocating from outside or more than 50 miles from your current UK home address
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum (FTE)
- 5 weeks annual leave (FTE)
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Leadership training
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Colleague purchase scheme
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
Warrendale Veterinary Centre (Knypersley) is well equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, inhouse blood analysers and ultrasound. They have been working very hard towards gaining their ISFM cat friendly clinic registration.
Our unique hub and spoke system means that you will also have access to diagnostic equipment at the hospital including multi parameter, CT scanner, endoscope and a laparoscopic kit which are all used at our 24hr hospital.
Our practice is in a great location with Biddulph town centre a 10 minute walk away and easy access to the M6 and the Peak District. The delightful Biddulph Grange Country Park is nearby, as is 18th century Mow Cop and the Cheshire Gritstone Trail.