Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our our team at Medivet North Finchley!
This is a clinical leadership role, responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care within your practice as well as overall team performance and engagement, encouraging a progressive clinical culture!
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to drive the practice forward and make their mark with autonomy and clinical freedom!
Full time salary package up to £67,369 per annum depending on experience to include:
- – New Lead Vet contribution scheme paid quarterly
- – 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- – 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- – Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- – £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- – RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- – Vehicle allowance
- – Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- – Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- – 100% attendance bonus schemes
- – 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
If desired, this role also offers the opportunity to co-own and run your practice as a Branch Partner!
Unlike joint venture partnerships, we’re redefining what it means to work together – as we and our Branch Partners both share in the costs and profit, we’re true equity partners.
- We’re flexible about how much equity you purchase (up to 50%) and offer support in securing a loan
- We work with you to find the right clinic for you.
- Joining Medivet will give you access to state-of-the-art equipment and specialists in our group, enabling you to remain invested in cases and practice as a large hospital – this is made possible through our unique hub and spoke model and internal case sharing.
- Our Support Centre team will help you take care of all the non-clinical aspects of running a practice – giving you the option to gain experience from them.
- You will have a dedicated Clinical Operations team supporting you as you develop so your career choices are never limited.
- You will have freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust
- You’ll be part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Your hard work, input and leadership is reflected in your compensation.
- A true work/life balance working four-day weeks, enjoying six weeks’ holiday and excellent maternity and paternity benefits.
- You can sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- You have a hand in building the best place to work in the veterinary industry.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience, confident in working sole charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement.
You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, working to a very high standard both medically and surgically with the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
Medivet North Finchley has a small, friendly team led by you, our Lead Vet with support from our RVN and SVN.
It is located just a short drive away from our Hendon 24-Hour Hospital where you will have access to the most advanced diagnostic techniques such as CT-scan and MRI but also digital X-ray, ultrasound, full inhouse lab and three surgical theatres.
You will also have access to their specialized services when it comes to more complex cases and procedures such as orthopaedics.
Medivet North Finchley is situated on the high street and has its own private parking spaces. You will have access to shops, cafes, supermarket and restaurants near the clinic and it is located just a 10 minute walk away from Woodside Underground on the Northern Line.
Our address is 877 High Rd, London N12 8QA