Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Join our team at Medivet Woolwich!
We are a well equipped clinic with two newly refurbished consult rooms, large prep room which connects to our theatre, separate drug dispensary, in-house lab and cat and dog wards.
We have a supportive nursing / support team made up of our Head Registered Nurse, Student and dedicated Receptionist. This role currently works sole charge with room to expand to two vets in the future.
The practice is 5-minutes from the River Thames for access to the Woolwich Pier. We're accessible via Woolwich Arsenal or Woolwich Station for the Elizabeth Line, Thameslink, Southeastern and DLR. The London City Airport is also just 15 minutes away.
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our Medivet Woolwich practice in South London.
This role would suit a good-all rounder confident with routine surgeries. You'll have autonomy to influence the clinical direction of your practice and we can also provide certificate support should you wish to develop your skills further.
Full-time salary package up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- Vehicle or £2,500 allowance
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, working in partnership with Medivet
- Certificates of Sponsorship if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- Relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
This is a clinical leadership position within your Medivet Practice.
- Provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients and direction and leadership to colleagues in practice, to ensure delivery against agreed performance measures
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care standards in your practice, always encouraging a progressive clinical culture
- Follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in your practice and adhered to by all your team (e.g. Medivet preferred drug policy)
- Work with your Regional Operations Director, practice and wider colleagues to deliver exceptional care whilst driving your practice forward.
We work as a unit – as one team. In each region there’s a network of practices working together, with a 24-hour hospital at their centre.
Medivet Woolwich feeds into our Beckenham 24-Hour Hospital for all out of hour care, here we have a dedicated night team and have an ambulance service in the region for patients to be hospitalised.
We call this our hub-and-spoke model, and it’s unique to us. It allows our vets to get support with cases, refer their patients and share expertise and equipment between practices.
This model is enabling us to grow a strong and supportive community of vets who between them have a wide range of specialisms and equipment, and who can diagnose and treat pets whenever they need us.
The depth and breadth of knowledge across our business is astounding, and it allows us to provide our clients with exceptional care.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your career with Medivet!