Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team at Medivet Orpington in South East London.
In this role, you’ll have autonomy to influence the clinical direction of your practice, and we can provide certificate support should you wish to develop your skills further. Many of our clients are also insured and are happy for thorough work-ups of cases.
About the practice
- 3 vet practice
- Nursing/support team including Practice Manager, SVN, PCA, and Receptionists
- 2 consult rooms
- 2 theatres and prep room
- Well equipped with ultrasound, x-ray, blood machines, microscope
- Lovely area with great clients and potential for further growth!
- High surgical caseload, we do a lot of neutering and also work for two local charities
Full-time salary package up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends.
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, and have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network
What makes Medivet unique?
We work as a unit – as one team. In each region, there’s a network of practices working together, with a 24-hour hospital at their centre.
We call this our hub-and-spoke model, and it’s unique to us. It allows our vets to get support with cases, refer their patients and share expertise and equipment between practices.
Orpington Green Street feeds into our Beckenham 24-Hour Hospital.
This model is enabling us to grow a strong and supportive community of vets who between them have a wide range of specialisms and equipment, and who can diagnose and treat pets whenever they need us.
The depth and breadth of knowledge across our business are astounding, and it allows us to provide our clients with exceptional care.
New to the area? Orpington is a fantastic place to live! Situated in South East London, you can enjoy all the capital has to offer in just 15 minutes by train!
Nature lovers are close to the countryside and have the National Trust – Petts Wood and Hawkwood right on their doorstep!
Orpington Station – Thameslink and Southeastern Railway / Airports – London City and Gatwick