Lead Veterinary Surgeon
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon at Medivet Lewisham!
Situated in South London, we are a small, friendly team with the potential for growth! We are passionate about client/patient care and seeking an exceptional leader to drive our clinic forward.
In this role, you'll have autonomy to influence the clinical direction of your practice, and we can provide certificate support should you wish to develop your skills further. Many of our clients are insured and are happy for thorough work-ups of cases.
We are a well-equipped practice with facilities including:
- 1-vet practice with potential for growth
- Support team including qualified RVN, Patient Care Assistants & Receptionist
- 2 consults and theatre
- Equipped with in-house lab, ultrasound, x-ray, laser surgery
- Cat-friendly clinic
Full-time salary package up to £76,500 per annum, depending on experience:
- Vehicle or £2,500 allowance
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, working in partnership with Medivet
This is a clinical leadership position within your Medivet Practice
- Provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients and direction and leadership to colleagues in practice, to ensure delivery against agreed performance measures
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care standards in your practice, always encouraging a progressive clinical culture
- Follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in your practice and adhered to by all your team (e.g. Medivet preferred drug policy)
- Work with your Regional Operations Director, practice and wider colleagues to deliver exceptional care whilst driving your practice forward
The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time as the clinic is about to undergo a complete refurbishment, providing a lovely, new working environment for the team.
The practice feeds into our Beckenham 24h Hospital for out-of-hour care, managed by our dedicated night team. All our practices share the same software, so the team will have access to your patient’s history at all times; case continuity is guaranteed!
We are situated on Lee High Road in the London Borough of Lewisham. Lewisham Station and Lewisham High Street are within walking distance, making it an easy commute with great transport links in and out of Central London - Southeastern and Elizabeth Line. There is also onsite parking available.