Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We’re a community of veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. We’ve established a network of over 400 practises and 12 cutting-edge 24-hour centres, all of which are home to a family of professionals that deliver excellent care.
You won’t simply be a part of the team here; you’ll be a part of our global family. We’ve established a network of over 400 practises and 12 cutting-edge 24-hour centres, all of which are home to a family of professionals that deliver excellent care. You will not only assist in the delivery of care, but you will also provide great care to your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all with the help of your coworkers and some of the industry’s greatest training and development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Bloomsbury practice!
We are reopening as a first opinion practice and require a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to drive us forward and make their mark!
The role would suit a good all-rounder or if you have a specific area of interest, you’ll have the autonomy to influence the clinical direction of your practice.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, you have access to advanced diagnostics, certificate holders and seamless round the clock care via our Camberwell Hospital. This allows our vets to get support with cases, refer their patients and share expertise and equipment between practices.
This model is enabling us to grow a strong and supportive community of vets who between them have a wide range of specialisms and equipment, and who can diagnose and treat pets whenever they need us.
This role offers a salary package of up to £72,000 per annum, depending on experience and benefits to include:
- Lead Vet Contribution Scheme
- Branch partnership opportunities
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends (39.37)
We can provide support with a Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 Visa, if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) upon arrival in the UK.
Relocation package is also available for this role.
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support your team and help develop skills where required
- Manage direct reports and overall team performance and engagement
- Responsible for the financial and operational performance of your practice
Skills and experience
- Previous clinical leadership experience
- Confident with all routine surgeries and able to work sole charge if required
- Great communication skills
- Team player – working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
Medivet is an Equal Opportunities employer with a strong and passionate commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’re dedicated to fostering a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We do not discriminate based upon age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
We offer flexible working arrangements to eligible employees per UK employment laws and regulations. This means that, wherever possible, we are open to discussing and accommodating requests for alternative working patterns.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and all aspects of employment at Medivet are based on merit, qualifications, and business needs.
We’re committed to providing reasonable adjustments or accommodations for applicants, so if you need assistance or support during the recruitment process please let us know.
We promise to reply to all applications.
Bloomsbury is a lovely practice with real potential, our clients are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to be able to thoroughly work-up cases.
We have a spacious reception, separate cat / dog wards, theatre and two consult rooms. We also have access to CT Imaging just down the road in our Clerkenwell branch.
Practice address: 45 Grays Inn Rd, London WC1X 8PP
To apply for the Lead Veterinary Surgeon role, click the apply now button.
If you do not have an up-to-date CV or would prefer a casual discussion about the role before applying, please contact James Greenaway-Rowe – James.greenaway-rowe@Medivet.co.uk