Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet Biggin Hill is situated in the south-eastern outskirts of Greater London.
The practice has long-standing, bonded clients with lovely supportive nurses including our Head Nurse, Louise who has 14 years’ experience and a certificate in dentistry, and our two Student Nurses, Mia and Rhiannon.
We have two consult rooms, large prep room and separate theatre, separate cat and dog wards, large office, staff room and courtyard garden.
The practice is well equipped with ultrasound, digital radiography, endoscopy and ophthalmic equipment- including an operating microscope so may suit someone with a keen eye interest.
As a Lead Vet, this role offers you the autonomy to influence clinical direction in your practice.
We are a two-vet practice and we have a wide network of colleagues including cert holders to call upon for advice, guidance and support.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Beckenham hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
This role offers a salary package of up to £70,000 per annum, depending on experience and benefits to include:
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holiday
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, working in partnership with Medivet
We can provide support with a Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 Visa, if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) upon arrival in the UK.
Relocation package is also available for this role.
This is a clinical leadership position within your Medivet Practice.
- Day-to-day duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
- Responsible for the financial and operational performance of your practice
Skills and experience
- Previous clinical leadership experience
- Confident with all routine surgeries and able to work sole charge if required
- Team player – working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Great communication skills
The Biggin Hill area is perfect for those who want a lifestyle mixed between city and countryside living. It’s about an hour from Central London and only 30 minutes from London Gatwick Airport.
Our address is 2 Haig Road Biggin Hill TN16 3LJ
To apply for the Lead Veterinary Surgeon role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on firstname.lastname@example.org