Head Veterinary Nurse
We are looking for a registered Veterinary Nurse to join our wonderful team at our Langley clinic as head veterinary nurse. The branch is situated in Langley, an area in Slough Berkshire, 20 miles from central London. The team consists of two veterinary surgeons and two student veterinary nurses.
Joining our professional, personable team in the practice, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listen and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As well as your day to day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice optimising the client and patient experience, promoting safety while training, developing and leading the entire nursing team, including student veterinary nurses.
You’ll also be proactive in maintaining your own professional and clinical skills, carry out accurate and timely reporting and explore ways that we can further develop our standards.
As a RCVS Registered Veterinary Nurse, you’ll already have good knowledge of how a dynamic, practice runs efficiently and effectively. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you’ll also take the initiative in patient welfare and have caring, thoughtful communication skills. Just as important are the leadership skills essential to enabling your team to work as one and look ahead to see how they can be even better.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 40 hours per week over 4 days with 1:6 weekends, open to negotiation.
- Manage the performance of the practice on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure all members of the nursing staff are aware of their roles and job description, working to clear objectives set.
- Carry out regular performance reviews and update training requirements where necessary.
- Complete clinical coach training to support and train student nurses.
- Rota management to always provide adequate cover of staff within the practice.
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues.
- Maintain patients’ medical records.
Skills and Experience
Skills And Experience
- 4-day working week
- £750 CPD allowance and 2 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVNA fees.
- Access to a large amount of in-house training, including head nurse training scheme.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on retail, entertainment and meals out.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.