Head Veterinary Nurse
Stroud Green is a friendly 1st opinion practice based in North London.
Our practice has lots of potential and we’re excited for you to join our journey! We have a great client base who are dedicated to their pets and there is lots of opportunity to thoroughly work-up cases in-house.
Our nurses are dedicated to providing the very best care, every day.
In this highly rewarding and fulfilling role, you'll work closely with vets in practice, performing essential nursing duties and ensuring our patients have everything they need.
As an experienced RVN, you can even help shape the next generation as a Clinical Coach, using your knowledge and skills to help train and support nurses of the future.
To support you in your role, we offer training and internal CPD for nurse clinics focussing on building your confidence in consulting, developing your consulting skills and a Nutritional Ambassador Programme delivered by Hills.
This role offers a salary package of up to £34,500 per annum to include:
- Salary £32,500 per annum
- Plus £2000 London weighting allowance
- £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships
- 4-day week with 1:6 weekends - average of 38.66 hours per week
- 5-weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Leading a team and managing your SVNs and PCAs in practice
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care
- Nurse consultations
- Training of junior nurses and supporting students in practice
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communicator with both colleagues and clients
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to use your judgement and make decisions
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented in your practice and adhered to by all your team
Stroud Green is a well organised clinic, equipped with one consult (potential for two as we grow) theatre, digital x-rays, dental x-rays, in-house biochemistry/haematology machines, multi parameter monitoring and ultrasound.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Kensington hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues. This allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
We neighbour Finsbury Park and are just a short walk from Crouch Hill Overground. Our address is 162 Tollington Park Stroud Green N4 3AD
To apply for the Veterinary Nurse role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com