Head Registered Veterinary Nurse
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the leading the nursing team. It would suit a confident RVN who is ready to take the next step into a Head Nurse position or who has previous Head Nurse experience.
Clinical coaching experience, or at least enthusiasm to become a Clinical Coach, is essential. We are looking for someone who is keen to support and develop our Student Nurses, junior RVNs and Care Assistants and is not afraid to get stuck in with the duties and to lead by example.
You’ll have a friendly and positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge and skills further. Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job.
This is a full time role working 5 days per week with 1:4 weekends at Wokingham 24 Hour. We can however potentially be flexible in the hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you are looking for.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary £32,500 per annum
- CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fair share of bank holiday cover with time back in lieu
- Minimal on-call duties to support our dedicated night team
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 100% attendance scheme
- Peternity’ leave
- You will provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients and direction and leadership to colleagues in practice, to ensure delivery against agreed performance measures.
- You will be responsible for assisting your branch partner and lead vet with financial and operational performance of your practice and overall team performance and engagement.
- You will need to ensure the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care in your practice always encouraging a progressive clinical culture.
- You will follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in your practice and adhered to by all your team (I.e. preferred drug policy)
- Develop and support our PCAs/SVNs/CCAs and Provide them with regular feedback on their performance as well as helping them to identify career opportunities within the business.
Skills and experience
- You must be a registered veterinary nurse with the RCVS and have at least 2 years of clinical experience.
- Previous head nurse experience is desirable but not essential.
- Highly organised individual
- Effective time management
- A motivational leader
- Patient motivated
The branch has recently been refurbished and we are looking for a team to welcome clients back though the doors. Harmans Water is a large spacious practice, with 2/3 consult rooms. Lovely garden and staff room with parking available.
You will have easy access to our 24-hour centre in Wokingham, and we have nearby practices that specialise in orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, dermatology, medicine, ultrasonography, dentistry, exotics and ophthalmology.
Harmans Water is a leafy suburb of Bracknell close to the M3 and M4 with good transport links to Reading and London. We have a beautiful garden full of wildlife, and a set of shops and leisure centre just round the corner.