Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly practice in Surrey Quays, South London.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves consults with some routine procedures including neutering and dentals. It could be suited to someone stepping into their first lead role, working sole charge and managing a small friendly team of nursing / support staff.
Salary package £50,000 – £60,000 – per annum depending on experience to include:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4-day working week with 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 full weekends.
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave – plus fantastic internal CPD available
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Join our clinical communities where both vets and nurses with a shared interest connect and collaborate on a regular basis (Diagnostic Imaging, Ophthalmology, Surgical, Medicine, Exotics)
Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. Relocation allowance is also available.
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance
- Encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support your team and help develop skills where required
- Manage direct reports and overall team performance and engagement
- Responsible for the financial and operational performance of your practice
Skills and experience
- Confident with sole charge, consults and routine surgeries
- Great communication skills
- Team player – working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Previous leadership experience would be an advantage but not essential
Medivet Surrey Quays has one consult room, theatre, x-ray and dentistry facilities. Here, we mainly consult with some routine surgeries including neutering and dentals.
We have our Camberwell 24-Hour Hospital nearby, patients can be transferred for more complex surgery or work alongside our hospital vets, if you have a willingness to develop your surgical skills.
We have a dedicated night team at Camberwell to provide out of hour care, and we have an ambulance service in the region to support with hospitalisation of patients.
Surrey Quays is just south of the River Thames with Surrey Quays and Canada Water Overground Stations, and Canada Water Tube which is on the Jubilee Line.
Our address is 156 Lower Rd, London SE16 2UG
To apply for the Veterinary Surgeon role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com