Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet Old Isleworth is a true part of the local community, with a thriving client base that has grown through word of mouth.
We are currently seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our close-knit team.
We’re a small animal first opinion practice with a loyal client base and experienced Registered Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary receptionists who see a varied caseload.
It is a vibrant and tenacious team who strive to be their best and make every day a learning day, whilst going the extra mile.
The practice is well-equipped including digital x-ray, ultrasound, full lab including microscope, urinalysis machine, haematology and biochemistry analyser. All out-of-hour care is managed by a local Medivet hospital in Richmond, where you will also have access to CT and MRI. Our practice is located on a beautiful high street including a nice village presence.
This role provides a great work life balance, as this permanent role, and can be flexible to suit the candidate. The shift pattern includes 1:6 weekends at our Richmond 24hrs Hospital.
Key Benefits include:
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days’ CPD leave.
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Relocation allowance should you move more than 50 miles from your current address.
- We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Ability to sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your Skills and Experience
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
- Minimum of three years small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.