RTR & Acquisition Accountant
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
Responsible for ensuring integration of all finance related process from acquired companies/clinics. Follow the standard approach for integration to Medivet Finance Administration ways of working. This will include liaising with Group Financial Control, Legal & Taxation teams to ensure that neither the vendor nor Medivet are exposed to statutory penalties.
- Coordinate with Deal Team & Vendor to obtain copies of various financial records – and action accordingly with Finance Admin teams.
- Participate in review of financial records to identify underlying risks.
- Assess work required to onboard to Medivet Supplier Base.
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure payroll records are obtained and valid.
- Participate in stock review for inventory ahead of deal completion.
- Collaborate with the Group Financial Controller with year-end audit procedures.
- Collaborate with Business Controllers on financial queries pre-MEC review of balance sheet variances >2% and provide Quarterly Variance Analysis & narrative – and lead discussions on forecast based on Balance Sheet reviews.
- Completion and/or review of balance sheet reconciliation – to include high quality reconciliation files, with peer review on associated supporting documentation.
- Review of balance sheet support for financial reconciliations on trade & other debtors balance sheet accounts – per TB ownership file.
- Ensure that the plan to onboard to D365 is complete in terms of data migration for opening balances, creditors, debtor etc. – to include scoping, relaying work instructions to Practice Managers etc.
- Ensuring the execution or Finance Process Integration RACI is complete and on time.
Your skills and experience
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified with 5 years PQE – preferably in Private Equity setting – suitable for Practice Trained accountant.
- Exposure to M&A with 5 years demonstrable success in acquisition integration.
- Experience of consensus-based decision making.
- Experience of working across a European business within a multi-cultural environment would be a strong advantage.
- English essential, plus second European language highly desirable
- Attendance on site at month end close – from WD -7 to WD+10 >5 years working with D365.
- Strong Excel skills (V-Look ups & Pivot Tables)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrable bias for action
- Strong experience of tax accounting & VAT accounting
- Exposure to financial reporting tools such as HFM, ESSBASE, OneStream, TM1, Trintech or Blackline highly desirable.