If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for excellence in veterinary care and practice management, we would love to hear from you
As the Practice Manager, you will take on a key leadership role in the practice, with responsibility for the day-to-day operations, team development, and overall management.
As a Practice Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the success and growth of the practice. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of our patients, clients, and team members, while ensuring a happy work environment and a healthy work-life balance for all staff.
This role is full-time, and we can offer flexibility in terms of hours and shift patterns.
40 hours a week
- Operational Management: Oversee the daily operations of the practice to ensure efficient business and clinical practices, adherence to RCVS Practice Standards Scheme, and delivery of commercial targets.
- Team Development: Recruit, train, and develop our team, including running the appraisals process. Manage colleague rotas and holidays in line with the payroll budget.
- Client Relations: Ensure our practice ethos of being the friendliest practice in the area permeates all that we do and offer. Manage client complaints professionally and ensure clear communication with clients.
- Financial Management: Oversee client debt control, insurance claims processing, banking, and other finance duties. Monitor TOIL and time management.
- Health & Safety: Be responsible for health & safety within the surgery and maintain correct protocols and documentation.
- Continuous Improvement: Promote a culture of improvement and professional development for all staff and proactively explore and implement changes based on team or client feedback.
Your Skills and Experience
- Nursing or other veterinary background is not required but would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in a management/leadership role is highly desirable.
- Management Experience: Prior experience in managing a team and a proven track record of strong leadership.
- Excellent Communication: Clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commercial Acumen: Strong commercial and financial skills, with the ability to achieve practice targets.
- People Skills: A passion for developing and coaching colleagues and building strong relationships with clients, patients, and the wider team.
- Organisation and Time Management: Ability to prioritise tasks, manage multiple responsibilities, and handle ad hoc tasks and emergency situations effectively.
- Problem-Solving: Confident in making balanced decisions under pressure, considering patients, owners, and the business.
- Proactivity: An approach that is proactive rather than reactive, with the ability to identify and implement essential changes.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.