Registered Veterinary Nurse
Do you have good practical experience and great client communication skills? Are you enthusiastic? Are you a good team player? Are you dedicated to providing high standards of patient and client care, and motivated to run your own nurse clinics? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We require a Full Time Qualified Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly, professional team in our small animal practice based in Temple Fortune.
We have a fantastic team led by our Branch Partner and Lead Vet, Justine Berger who is well respected in the local community and has built up a strong client base.
Temple Fortune offers all our routine services as well as advanced diagnostic techniques like radiography, ultrasonography and CT and MRI scans. We also carry out routine and complex surgeries, as well as other services such as acupuncture, dentistry and referral service for feline behavioural disorders.
The surgery is in a great location on the Finchley Road in a parade of shops, cafes and restaurants. It has a prominent shop front and spacious reception, consult, prep and theatre. There is also free parking and easy transport links.
The rota is a 4 day week with weekends on a 1 in 6 basis at our Hendon 24 Hour practice.
Key benefits include:
- CPD Allowance plus 2 days’ CPD leave.
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your skills and experience
- RCVS registered.
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.