Are you looking to work somewhere with varied, interesting work as part of a great team and in a fantastic location but with no on call or night work?
Medivet Shrewsbury may be the practice for you!
We are fortunate enough to be supported by a wonderful team of nurses, of whom many of the RVNs have finished or are carrying out certificates such as in anaesthesia and analgesia or medical and surgical nursing.
A full time applicant would work a 39 hour week which equates to 4 full days a week and 1 in 6 weekends working day shifts only, which would be alongside another vet, so no sole charge. Our night service is run by a separate team of dedicated vets and nurses. Bank Holiday work is shared throughout all vets in the region as well as the vets at the hospital, usually equating to one shift or fewer every 12 months.
We see transferred patients for imaging, medicine, cardiology and surgery as well as first opinion work. CPD and studies including undertaking certificates are encouraged and CPD allowance is accordingly flexible.
Our facilities include a CT scanner, visiting MRI, a range of rigid and flexible endoscopes, a modern ultrasound scanner, digital radiography, dental radiography, as well as multiparameter GA monitoring, electrocautery, tonometry and hydrotherapy. Our in-house lab includes biochemistry and haematology, clotting times, blood gas analysis and lactate monitoring. We have an in-house microscope and an Imagyst which enables us access to specialist analysis of cytology or faecal analysis within an hour.
Shrewsbury is a historic, bustling market town with Tudor architecture whilst the Shropshire countryside is beautiful and a stone’s throw from Wales and under two hours drive from the Welsh Coast.
Key benefits include:
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days’ CPD leave.
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Relocation allowance should you move more than 50 miles from your current address.
- We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
Please contact email@example.com for a friendly initial conversation.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
Your Skills and Experience
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.