Veterinary Care Assistant
Chertsey is a busy veterinary practice located in a leafy commuter town with neighbouring local businesses and amenities, and access to good transport links.
The local area is a thriving community with an obvious love of animals of all shapes and sizes. We are lucky enough to have a dedicated active list of clients who have been with the practice since it first opened 7 years ago.
As a Veterinary Care Assistant, you will be an integral part of the practice team.
Working with our Veterinary Surgeons, qualified Nurses, and Student nurses to provide exceptional care to our patients.
• Provide a gold standard service to our patients and clients
• Following cleaning protocols to maintain cleanliness of the clinical environment
• Preparing and maintaining medical equipment
HOURS – 40 Hours per week
• Assisting veterinary surgeons, qualified and student nurses with all aspects of their work.
• Caring for animals
• Administering simple medical treatments under instruction and supervision
• Setting up for surgery, X-rays and medical procedures
• Walking, feeding, and monitoring animals
• Cleaning, maintaining, and ensuring sterility of the clinical environment
• Client communication (face to face, on the telephone and by email)
• Taking payments
• Processing of insurance documents
• Reception duties
Your skills and experience
• Confident communicator, both verbally and in writing
• Friendly and personable attitude, with an empathetic approach
• Passionate about the care and welfare of animals
• Computer literate
Whilst not essential the following desirable skills will aid your application
• Full valid driving licence
• Five GCSE subjects at grade A-C (4-9) to include Maths, English Language and Science or equivalent*
• *Alternative qualifications e.g. Veterinary Care Assistant Certificate, Animal Nursing Assistant Award or National Diploma in Animal Care will be accepted when supported with full Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English (or above)
• Should you wish to be considered for future Student Veterinary Nurse opportunities you will need to be able to provide original copies of the above certification. Your application to the Medivet Student Nurse program is not guaranteed as there are limited spaces and your certification will need to be provided at the point of application after a successful performance review.
With over 400 practices throughout the UK, we are a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary, creating a forward-thinking and innovative place to work.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and who share our vision and values.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!