Head Veterinary Nurse
Elevate your nursing career as the Head Veterinary Nurse in the heart of Faversham! Join our passionate team and immerse yourself in the captivating charm of this historic town nestled in the heart of Kent. As the Head Veterinary Nurse, you’ll play a pivotal role in leading a dedicated team within our modern clinic, surrounded by Faversham’s unique blend of medieval architecture and vibrant market life.
Beyond the clinic, enjoy the welcoming atmosphere of Faversham’s independent shops, cafes, and bustling market square. With its proximity to the picturesque Kent countryside, you can easily unwind amidst nature’s beauty during your downtime. Embrace the opportunity to lead, inspire, and thrive in a nursing career surrounded by the historic allure and community spirit of Faversham.
Join us in Faversham, where your leadership skills can flourish in a town that seamlessly combines history, modernity, and a warm community ambiance!
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £750 CPD Allowance plus 2 days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
- You must be a veterinary nurse who is registered with the RCVS.
- Ideally, you will have some leadership experience although training and support is provided to RVNs looking for a senior role
- Clinical coach/supervisor award preferred but not essential as training will be provided and funded
- Driving license preferred but not essential.
- Part time and job share applications welcomed
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills are crucial for effectively coordinating with other members of the veterinary team, clients, and external stakeholders.
- The ability to make informed decisions quickly and solve problems efficiently, particularly in emergency situations or when facing unexpected challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building positive relationships with clients, addressing their concerns, and providing education about patient care.
- Effective organizational skills to manage patient records, appointment schedules, and other administrative tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic veterinary practice setting.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, simply click apply or for a friendly initial conversation please contact Nabi.email@example.com – 07961834919