Registered Veterinary Nurse
looking for a change? We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse with a passion for emergency and critical care who enjoys working to a gold standard. You will be required to care for inpatients overnight and assist the Night Vet with emergencies and OOH cases. The ideal candidate will be flexible, work well without supervision and have previous experience of working in a busy practice or hospital would be preferred.
All our clinics share the same software so you will have full access to the patients’ history at all times. Case continuity guaranteed! You will have full access to state-of-the-art facilities such as an orthopaedic theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG and much more.
Chorley 24 Hour is run by our very experienced Branch Partner Chris and his team of vets/nurses and front of house team.
The practice is fully equipped to carry out medical workups and surgical procedures and you would be fully supported by our team of vets, nurses and support teams. Having the support within the practice will enable you to grow, learn and develop in your role, this is an ideal practice to support someone returning to work after a break or just wanting to build on their knowledge.
Equipment of the branch include: ECG/X-Ray/Ultrasound/Operating theatre with plans for a CT in the future.
- Competitive salary
- RCVS fees paid
- Night Nurse commission to be discussed
- 12 hour shifts, 7 nights on, 14 nights off
Please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory and practice compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring/development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries ensuring the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials.
Your Skills and Experience
- RCVS registered.
- Small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.