Lead Vet / Branch Partner – Medivet Parkstone
We are located in the affluent Parkstone area of Poole, just a stones throw from the famous Sandbanks and Canford Cliffs area so, ideal for any water sports enthusiasts. The are also benefits from the nearby towns and beaches of Bournemouth and Boscombe which are all on the beautiful Jurassic coastline. We have excellent local schools and shops within walking distance.
We are looking for a Full-time Vet who is looking to take the next step, and become a Lead Vet or Branch Partner in a 2 FTE practice, where work-life balance is one of our core principles. We work a 4-day week, 1 in 3 Saturdays which finish at 12:00. We work together as a happy team providing the highest level of pet care to our patients.
Key benefits include:
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave; extensive in-house CPD training.
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid.
- Certificates encouraged and funded.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
- 20% staff discount for own pets
The role is a leadership role so you will be expected to drive clinical performance and other aspects of the business. You will work closely with the regional teams to discuss practice performance and help grow the client base.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre and post-operative assessments.
- Develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies and procedures.
- Maintain patients’ medical records.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analysers.
- Ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
Our lead vets are responsible for directing the practice and it’s staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for it’s success. Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available, you can own part of the clinic and have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.