Registered Veterinary Nurse – Littlehampton
Set in a stunning seaside location and next the South Downs National Park, our practice in Littlehampton is an ideal location for anyone who enjoys the outdoors, water sports, dog walking, not to mention the beauty of nearby Arundel and the local High Down vineyard.
Our practice is run by a welcoming and friendly team with a true family atmosphere of Vets, Nurses and support staff, who enjoy walks along our gorgeous beach, just 5 minutes from the practice, or in our large garden with it’s popular wildlife unit.
Our clients know how much we care for their pets, through our 3 consult rooms, prep room and theatre, digital x-ray, endoscopes, rhinoscopy, ultrasound, ECG, Slit Lamp, suction, pulse ox and recently upgraded lab equipment.
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team, working with our vets and our wonderful patients!
Relocation package of up to £2000.
£750 CPD allowance plus 2 days paid leave.
RCVS and VDS fees paid.
25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including head nurse training scheme.
Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities.
24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
Hapibenefits – Exclusive retail, days out and holiday discounts available.
Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical/surgical duties.
- Monitoring of anaesthesia.
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
- Providing nurse consultations.
- Assistance with handling of patients.
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary nursing degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Registered (or able to register) with the RCVS.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service and care for our patients and clients, with previous experience working in a small animal practice.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Flexible & adaptable in approach to work, happy to help and support wherever needed.
- Friendly & positive attitude towards working as part of a team.
- Drive to progress and expand skills/knowledge.
Our veterinary nurses are the heart of all our practices, you’ll be supporting vets in a number of ways and be at the front line of delivering exceptional care, from routine health checks to advanced surgeries you’ll work directly with patients and clients to offer care that’s bespoke to them and provide essential support that will allow the practice to deliver a gold standard experience.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.