Would you like to support with the growth of a newly refurbished 24-hour practice?
As a Veterinary Surgeon you will play a pivotal role in diagnosing, treating and managing various medical conditions in small animal practice. Using a combination of your medical expertise, surgical proficiency, and communication skills to provide exceptional care, ensuring the health and happiness of our patients and clients.
We have an excellent support structure in place, and we take pride in our collaborative approach; you will have the opportunity to share best practice, discuss clinical cases and ideas within your team as well as keeping in touch with the wider clinical community. This will provide you with continuous opportunities to progress in your profession and develop new skills.
Medivet Thurmaston is currently in the process of a complete refurbishment while transitioning into a 24-hour practice. We have the latest technology including an x-ray room with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, tonometer and orthopaedic equipment.
You’ll find us conveniently situated in the heart of the village of Thurmaston, four miles north of the city centre of Leicester. Airports are easily accessible with East Midlands airport just a 30 minute drive and Birmingham airport can be reached in less than an hour.
Salary & Benefits
Full time salary package up to £65,000 per year dependent on experience
• Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
• Relocation package of up to £2000 (Up to £5000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
• CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
• Funded certificate opportunities
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
• Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
The role is working 4 days per week with 1 in 6 weekends.
If you would like further information about the role or would prefer an informal chat before applying, please contact Nicola on Nicola.email@example.com
- Provide a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
- Your day-to-day duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Support with the growth of our new 24-hour practice
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS
- Team player, working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Confident with all routine surgeries and able to work sole charge if required
- Customer focused to build strong relationships with our clients
- Clear and empathic client communication skills
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 practices and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.