Client Care Assistant – Veterinary
We are seeking a full time Client Care Assistant to join our practice for 40 hours a week. This role will be supporting a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses, and Patient Care Assistants.
We believe in exceptional care for both our patients and client.
As a Client Care Assistant, you’ll use your excellent customer service skills to welcome and assist clients before, during and after every visit. Although you don’t need to have hands-on experience working with pets, a love of animals and their welfare is essential.
From handling busy telephone lines and arranging appointments to taking payments, entering test results, and ensuring the consult rooms are fully stocked, you’ll enjoy a busy and varied front-of-house role. You’ll also take ownership of ensuring the reception and waiting areas always look their best.
The duties of the Client Care Assistant include but are not limited to:
• Prompt and efficient telephone answering
• Dealing with routine client queries
• Making appointments
• Taking payments
• Money handling and banking
• General admin duties such as monitoring and responding to emails
• Stock taking
• Submitting insurance claims
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will have previous receptionist or customer facing experience:
• A love for animals, although no prior animal care experience is required
• This position will best suit a proactive enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service
• Exceptional communication skills
• Being able to multitask
• Remain calm under pressure
• Prioritising your workload
• Having a friendly and welcoming disposition
• Computer literate
• Good spoken English
Previous veterinary receptionist experience is desirable but not essential.
With over 450 practices throughout the UK, we are a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating a forward-thinking and innovative place to work.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and who share our vision and values.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!