Veterinary Surgeon- Orthopaedic
Are you aspiring to build your own soft tissue and orthopaedic caseload?
Would you like to support with the growth of a newly refurbished 24-hour practice?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced soft tissue/orthopaedic Veterinary Surgeon to join the team at our new 24-hour practice in Thurmaston, Leicestershire.
We are looking for a confident soft tissue/orthopaedic Surgeon who can develop and grow surgical work and caseload in the region and provide internal transfers for the surrounding practices.
You will play a pivotal role within our practice by supporting the development of surgical skills within the team.
It may be possible to accommodate someone studying towards a certificate but a sound understanding of multi-skill surgery is necessary.
Medivet Thurmaston is currently in the process of a complete refurbishment while transitioning into a 24-hour practice. We have the latest technology including an x-ray room with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, tonometer and orthopaedic equipment.
You’ll find us conveniently situated in the heart of the village of Thurmaston, four miles north of the city centre of Leicester. Airports are easily accessible with East Midlands airport just a 30 minute drive and Birmingham airport can be reached in less than an hour.
Salary & Benefits
- Full time salary package up to £75,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package of up to £2000 (Up to £5000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
The role is working 4 days per week with 1 in 6 weekends.
If you would like further information about the role or would prefer an informal chat before applying, please contact Nicola on Nicola.email@example.com
- Manage the orthopaedic caseload including fractures, TPLOs and complex soft tissue surgeries
- Build relationships with our surrounding practices to enable internal patient transfers
- Support with routine surgery/dentals until the surgical caseload is built up and you’re busy with all the orthopaedic/soft tissue surgeries.
- Provide a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
- Support with the growth of our new 24-hour practice
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS
- Surgical certificate or qualified by experience
- Team player, working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Customer focused to build strong relationships with our clients
- Willingness to mentor keen surgeons within the practice
- Commitment to evidence-based clinical practice
- Clear and empathic client communication skills
- Extensive experience in small animal surgery including ability to perform TPLO/TTAs or equivalent, fracture repair and complex soft tissue (e.g. perineal urethrostomy, TECA, BOAS)
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 practices and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.