Registered Veterinary Night Nurse
Medivet Muswell Hill is a brand new and well-equipped practice in London.
We have a long history of providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we are seeking an experienced Veterinary Nurse to join us in our journey.
We have a friendly, established team, consisiting of a full time Veterinary Surgeon, a Graduate Veterinary Surgeon and 2 long term Patient Care assistants, with the help of floating Nurses within the region.
This role works to a 4-day week with 1:6 weekends enabling fantastic work-life balance with no impact to your salary.
This improved rota provides our exceptional RVNs with more flexibility and well-earned time back during the week. In addition to better work-life balance, we are truly committed to helping our Medivet community achieve their goals.
To support you in your role, we offer training and internal CPD for nurse clinics focussing on building your confidence in consulting, developing your consulting skills and a Nutritional Ambassador Programme delivered by Hills.
Relocation package of up to £2000.
£750 CPD allowance plus 2 days paid leave.
RCVS and VDS fees paid.
25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including head nurse training scheme.
Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities.
24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
Hapibenefits – Exclusive retail, days out and holiday discounts available.
Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical/surgical duties.
- Monitoring of anaesthesia.
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
- Providing nurse consultations.
- Assistance with handling of patients.
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary nursing degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Registered (or able to register) with the RCVS.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service and care for our patients and clients, with previous experience working in a small animal practice.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Flexible & adaptable in approach to work, happy to help and support wherever needed.
- Friendly & positive attitude towards working as part of a team.
- Drive to progress and expand skills/knowledge.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.