Medivet have an opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the team at our multi-vet practice in Scunthorpe.
Scunthorpe is a large practice with four consult rooms and a well equipped surgical theatre. The lead vet, exceptional team of nurses and support staff love working together and are dedicated to providing the best quality care for their patients.
Scunthorpe is a bustling town inn North Lincolnshire, with restaurants, cinema, shopping parks and many other activities. For those who enjoy country air and long walks, Scunthorpe is a stones throw away from the rolling hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the highest land between Kent and Yorkshire. In the Wold there are many quaint market villages with plenty of independent shops and history to explore.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours per week over four days with 1:3 half or 1:6 Saturdays (worked at the Ashby centre) with no OOH .We’re open to being flexible where we can so let us know what works for you.
• Relocation package of up to £2000.
• £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
• Funded certificate opportunities.
• 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
• Pension scheme.
• Paid sabbatical.
• Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
• Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
- Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Knowledge of animal behaviour and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analysers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
Our veterinary surgeons are at the front line of delivering exceptional care and play an integral part of each one of our sites, from routine health checks to advanced surgeries you’ll work directly with patients and clients to offer care that’s bespoke to them and provide essential support to lead vets or branch partners in delivering a gold standard experience.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.