At Roehampton, we have a long history of providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join us on our journey!
In this role you will be consulting, routine surgery and diagnostics including imaging.
It would suit a good all-rounder vet and we can provide support develop new skills and specialise further.
We currently have a team of 9 including three Vets two RVNs who are all extremely friendly, making it a very positive work environment.
Our friendly practice features a dedicated kitchen and office space, two consultation rooms, a spacious reception area, separate kennels for dogs and cats, a state-of-the-art theatre equipped with monitoring tools, a dental x-ray machine, and a brand-new ultrasound machine. So you can really elevate your career in a well-equipped and modern veterinary practice! We are also RCVS standards accredited small animal practice.
We work in partnership with VVS allowing us to perform cardiac and abdominal ultrasounds under the guidance of specialist.
Our clinic is a very busy first opinion practice, situated on Putney Heath. It has been established for 19 years and has built up a very large and lovely client base. The practice is kept to a great standard and has recently had a rebrand to our reception and consult rooms.
This role will be for a fixed period of 12 months and will cover 39 hours a week over 4 days alongside 1:3 Saturdays/Sunday or 1:6 full weekends. However, there is room for negotiation on this contract, so please apply if you are interested.
We’re based a short drive away from the famous Kew Gardens as well as Richmond Park – the home of the Isabella Plantation gardens and free roaming deer! Chiswick Bridge is also a short walk away, which provides stunning views of the River Thames.
Key benefits include:
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days’ CPD leave.
- £2,000 London Weighting allowance per year
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Relocation allowance should you move more than 50 miles from your current address.
- We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your Skills and Experience
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.