Registered Veterinary Nurse
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our wonderful team at Medivet Mill Hill.
Medivet Mill Hill is a RCVS accredited practice which has been a part of the Medivet family since 1989. The practice is equipped with the latest facilities including digital x-ray, operating theatre, in-house laboratory, separate cat and dog wards and dentist equipment. The successful candidate will be joining a small but very friendly and dedicated team.
The practice is very accessible with A1, M25, A4 and the M1 all very close to the practice. Mill Hill Broadway station is a 10-minute walk from the practice, with a few bus routes which stop right outside the practice. The branch is on a parade of a few different shops and places to eat also with Brent cross a short drive away with more than 150 shops, restaurants and services.
This is a clinical position working closely with our Vets and nursing team to deliver exceptional care!
We offer clear Nurse career pathways, tailored by you to suit your individual needs as well as collective support with tips and tricks across the whole of Medivet and online learning which you can manage at your own pace.
- Hours 40 per week with 1:6 Weekends full
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 100% attendance scheme
- ‘Peternity’ leave
- Assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical/surgical duties.
- Monitoring of anaesthesia.
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
- Providing nurse consultations.
- Assistance with handling of patients.
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary nursing degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Registered (or able to register) with the RCVS.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service and care for our patients and clients, with previous experience working in a small animal practice.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Flexible & adaptable in approach to work, happy to help and support wherever needed.
- Friendly & positive attitude towards working as part of a team.
- Drive to progress and expand skills/knowledge.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.