Support Centre Recruiter
Medivet was established in 1987, and we’ve been building something extraordinary since then. We now have more than 150 Branch Partners and over 400 clinics plus round-the-clock practices. We’ve had a thriving Support Centre since 1995, based at the Watford premises since 2002.
We’re proud that we’ve been able to achieve steady growth without losing the family feel of the company, and we’re always looking for like-minded people to join us. You’ll be joining at a time when Medivet is growing, and you’ll be able to make a real impact on how the business is shaped for the future.
In this role you will lead on the delivery a high-quality recruitment service for the Support Centre within Medivet. You will be responsible for an agreed attraction and recruitment plan to source and hire qualified colleagues for each functional team and ensure that we deliver a personalised experience at every touchpoint of the candidate journey whether a candidate is successful or not.
To achieve this you will create a proactive approach partnering with the hiring managers and functional leaders and focus on ensuring that a great Candidate Experience is at the heart of everything we do to position Medivet as the right choice for veterinary careers.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies and plans to deliver agreed resourcing plans and targets alongside pipelining for the future needs of the business.
- Use variable sourcing methods and channels to identify and attract potential candidates, such as job boards, social media, LinkedIn, headhunting, referrals, events, etc. individualising approach to each vacancy.
- Screen and assess candidates’ qualifications, skills and suitability for the roles.
- Support Hiring managers in the interviewing process and be responsible for feedback to candidates.
- Manage the offer process and negotiate terms and conditions with candidates.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of recruitment activities and metrics in the applicant tracking system.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and external partners.
- Promote the employer brand and value proposition of the business to attract and retain talent.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and best practices in the veterinary industry and recruitment
Your skills and experience
- Proven experience as a recruiter ideally in a healthcare or professional services sector.
- Good understanding of recruitment best practices.
- Experience of creating candidate attraction strategies using both online and offline solutions to promote opportunities across our clinical roles.
- Excellent sourcing and screening skills, with the ability to identify and attract top talent – someone that isn’t reliant on direct applications to fill roles but focusses on sourcing great candidates and building future talent pipelines.
- A passion for delivering a great candidate experience – you’re not happy with the “this is the way we’ve always done it” approach and continuously looking for ways we can improve.
- Strong organisational, time management and problem-solving skills with a hands-on approach to getting to understand the challenges facing the practices in your region and delivering suitable solutions.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and other recruitment tools.