Veterinary Surgeon – Kensington
Passionate about medicine? Join our fun and friendly team at Medivet Kensington 24-Hour!
We require competent Ward Veterinary Surgeon with imaging ability, confident on accurate diagnosis and working up cases internally.
This role manages our hospital inpatients and will be responsible for liaising with our surrounding clinics, ensuring they are updated regularly.
Kensington is a lovely, modern and well-equipped hospital situated in beautiful part of London, a short walk from Gloucester Rd Tube Station. We have an experienced and supportive team and we’re seeking a like-minded vet to play a crucial role within our hospital.
We’re equipped with complex ultrasound, laparoscopic stack system, endoscope, full in-house lab, separate dog and cat wards, isolation are and two operating theatres.
Come and take a tour of our hospital here!
This role offers a salary package of up to £75,000 per year, depending on experience and benefits to include:
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- Plus, fantastic internal CPD available and opportunity for certificate support
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Opportunity for certificate available
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Need a visa? No worries, we can provide Tier 2 Sponsorship!
- Relocation allowance available
- Managing the hospital ward and providing inpatient care
- Ensuring clinics are clearly communicated to and updated regularly
- Working up cases internally to a high standard
- Some consults, if required
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS
- Experienced in advanced medicine/scanning/ECC
- Customer focused
- Team player, working collaboratively with your team and with wider colleagues
- Great communication skills!
We work as a unit – as one team. In each region there’s a network of practices working together, with a 24-hour hospital at their centre – that’s us!
We call this our hub-and-spoke model, and it’s unique to Medivet. It allows our vets to get support with cases and work collaboratively across practices.
Our address is 1-3 Gloucester Rd, South Kensington, London SW7 4PP
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com