Veterinary Care Assistant
Our Veterinary Care Assistants, known as Patient Care Assistants, are an integral part of the team in practice.
You will be performing a variety of duties, such as ensuring the practice maintains high clinical standards throughout, maintaining kennels and the general environment following cleaning protocols, feeding animals, animal handling and behaviour, reporting back to and assisting nurses with patient care and preparing medical equipment.
This role will also include a level of routine reception work and is an integral role between front and back of house.
We are committed to supporting you and will provide full on the job training, led by a qualified buddy. We are looking for dedicated, professional colleagues who show a real passion and positive attitude in every duty they perform.
Part of working this role you will also be required to support our 24hr Dorchester practice working 1 in 4 half weekend. This would either be a Saturday or Sunday with shift time of either 9-14 0r 14-19.
Full time 41.25 hours
National minimum wage
– Assisting the veterinary surgeons and nursing team
– Cleaning all areas
– Assisting with restraining animals
– Assisting with the preparation of daily surgical procedures
– Assisting with nursing and care of inpatients
– Helping to admit injured, ill or stray animals
– Working on reception answering incoming calls, booking appointments
– Welcoming owners and their pets in a cheerful, helpful and professional manner,
– Taking payments for treatment and sales of pet shop items
– Maintaining client records
– Calling owners with information (reminders, collection of orders etc)
– Informing owners of various offers and plans
– Discussing preventative health care with clients, i.e. vaccinations, flea and worm treatments
-Delivering outstanding client and patient care
Completing tasks assigned by the nursing and vet teams necessary for the efficient running of the practice
Skills and experience
We are looking for colleagues who demonstrate commitment and a positive attitude. You must enjoy working within busy environments and within a team. However, you must also show confidence when working alone as and when required. Successful candidates will demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to work and enthusiasm to get stuck in wherever needed.