Client Care Assistant – Veterinary
We are seeking a Head Receptionist / Client Care Assistant to join our 24-hourHospital in Watford.
This is an exciting opportunity leading our front of house team, ensuring the smooth running of a busy reception area. This role requires a proactive and enthusiastic individual with previous management experience, a passion for customer service and exceptional communication skills. The successful candidate will be able to multitask, remain calm under pressure, and prioritise a busy work load whilst maintaining a friendly and welcoming disposition.
Essential to have previous experience of managing a team.
Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
40 hours a week
- Overseeing and training the front of house team
- Recruitment for new members of the front of house team
- Welcoming and assisting clients into the hospital
- Dealing with a busy switchboard and arranging call backs
- Scheduling appointments
- Updating client files with laboratory data
- Ensuring the consult rooms are fully stocked
- Ensuring the practice is maintained to a high standard
- Managing client accounts
- Processing insurance claim forms
You Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have previous receptionist or customer facing experience:
- Essential to have previous experience of managing a team
- A love for animals, although no prior animal care experience is required
- This position will best suit a proactive enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service
- Exceptional communication skills
- Being able to multitask
- Remain calm under pressure
- Able to prioritise workload
- Have a friendly and welcoming disposition
- Computer literate
- Good spoken English
Previous veterinary receptionist experience is desirable but not essential.
With over 400 practices throughout the UK, we are a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating a forward-thinking and innovative place to work.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and who share our vision and values.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!