Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
A Lead Vet role with a difference……
We are pleased to offer a rare opportunity for the right candidate to work as a lead vet alongside our dynamic Branch Partner, Andrew McVey at our Medivet Orrell Park clinic.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon seeking a position where they can take on a leadership role in an established clinic, whilst working alongside and getting the support of an Branch Partner with over 10 years experience.
It represents a significant chance to elevate your career, progress to the next phase, and contribute as a mentor within the veterinary practice.
The clinic is undergoing a comprehensive refurbishment scheduled for completion by May, promising a modern and upgraded workspace.
The Orrell Park clinic boasts a large and dynamic team, working collaboratively with our local Anfield clinic, providing a seamless service for our patients and clients.
The facility is equipped with a newly refurbished X-ray suite, a dedicated dental suite, and has achieved ISFM Silver accreditation.
Working alongside our 24 hour hospital there is very little patient care and treatment out of reach. Sharing the skills of our surgeons and medics as well as the very best equipment including a CT scanner we can provide the very highest levels of veterinary medicine.
If you are a Veterinary Surgeon ready to embrace a leadership role, foster collaboration, and positively impact both your team and patients, we encourage you to apply and take the next step in your professional journey.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of leadership, the importance of a team culture and have a clear vision as to how they would go about building a team to deliver outstanding care to our patients, and first-class service to your clients.
The role is full time; working 39 hours a week over 4 days offering progression alongside a work/life balance. The weekends roster is 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 Saturday and Sundays.
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- 5 weeks’ annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- CPD actively encouraged – CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP program
- Wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
- Fantastic career progression
Relocation allowances are available if you move more than 40 miles from your current home address. Additionally, support for Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa is provided for eligible candidates.
Fancy a chat, email Alastair.email@example.com
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet Orrell Park. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Work alongside Andrew to build and deliver a vision of an engaged and productive team.
- Be the clinical lead; setting and maintaining standards across the team.
- Foster a culture of training and development.
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe and maintain the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance across the clinic.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of three years of small animal practice experience.
- An established understanding of leadership and complimentary skills.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.