Veterinary Surgeon Brighton
Medivet Brighton is situated in the heart of one of the UK’s most cultural and vibrant cities. We are only a few minutes walk from our famous beaches, cafes, restaurants. We are well-known in the area for our outstanding kindness and compassion to our patients, working with an strong balance of surgery and consultations.
We’re looking for a new, Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team which includes a Vet, Head Nurse and a Practice Manager, who are supported by a great front of house team and additional part-time Nurses, who all enjoy a good work/life balance. Once established in this role, we are excited to offer promotion to a Lead Veterinary Surgeon role as you advance your career.
Our practice boasts dental and digital x-rays, ultrasound and a full laboratory, kennels and a theatre, which allows us to provide exceptional care to all our patients.
This role provides a great work life balance! We operate a 1 in 3 Saturday morning shift with No OOH, on call or Bank holidays.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of experience (UK or equivalent) and be registered with the RCVS.
As a confident all rounder, you will be willing to support a 2nd year new Graduate Vet, passing on your skills and experience.
Key benefits include:
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave; extensive in-house CPD training.
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid.
- Certificates encouraged and funded.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
- 20% staff discount for own pets
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
- Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Knowledge of animal behaviour and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analysers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.