Registered Veterinary Nurse
Medivet Brighton is situated in the heart of one of the UK’s most cultural and vibrant cities. We are only a few minutes walk from our famous beaches, cafes, restaurants. We are well-known in the area for our outstanding kindness and compassion to our patients, working with an strong balance of surgery and consultations.
We’re looking for a new, full time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team which includes a Vet, Head Nurse and a Practice Manager, who are supported by a great front of house team and additional part-time Nurses, who all enjoy a good work/life balance.
Our practice boasts dental and digital x-rays, ultrasound and a full laboratory, kennels and a theatre, which allows us to provide exceptional care to all our patients.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £750 CPD allowance plus 2 days paid leave.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- Pension Scheme.
- Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including head nurse training scheme.
- Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities.
- 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Hapibenefits – Exclusive retail, days out and holiday discounts available.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical/surgical duties.
- Monitoring of anaesthesia.
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
- Providing nurse consultations.
- Assistance with handling of patients.
This is a permanent position, covering 4 days days per week. You will also be part of a Saturday rota working 1: 3 Saturdays mornings. We would also consider Part time working.
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary nursing degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Registered (or able to register) with the RCVS.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service and care for our patients and clients, with previous experience working in a small animal practice.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Flexible & adaptable in approach to work, happy to help and support wherever needed.
- Friendly & positive attitude towards working as part of a team.
- Drive to progress and expand skills/knowledge.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.