An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Practice Manager to join our team as a cluster manager based from our Ashford Middlesex Practice in South West London.
At Ashford, our biggest asset is our team. The successful candidate will be joining a highly experienced team, supported by a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse and Head Client Care Assistant. Ashford also possess a highly skilled and experienced nursing and dedicated reception team who lead a five star service to the area. We work cases up to gold standard and always try to do it with a smile.
We are supported by our Richmond 24hr Hospital which is 20 mins away and is equipped with endoscopy, arthroscopy, digital x-ray, MiLab X7 ultrasound, multi-parameter monitors, in-house bloods, dental radiology and much more! The group is also supported by its own pet blood bank, laboratory as well as other services.
This is a brand-new role responsible for supporting the non-clinical day-to-day running a busy practice as well as managing and leading a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and support staff. Excitingly, the practice is due a refurb in 2024! You will be supporting this practice alongside our Hayes and Yeading practices.
Key benefits include:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Monday to Friday – no out-of-hours, weekends or bank holidays – 09:00-17:30
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Peternity’ leave
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Assist with financial and operational performance of the hospital as well as the overall team performance and engagement.
- Work to improve and maintain clinical standards, in line with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- Review rotas and ensure correct staffing levels, liaising with regional rota management to organise cover if needed, and ensure appropriate diary management.
- Oversee the non clinical day-to-day running and organisation of our Hospital services and team, including building and equipment maintenance and stock control.
- Monitor TOIL and time management + night staff commission.
- Maintain correct Health and Safety protocols and documentation.
- New staff inductions, management of EMS programme.
- Liaising with our central recruitment team to manage recruitment on a practice level.
- All aspects of line manager duties to include managing individual and team performance; conducting reviews such as 1:1 catch ups, probation reviews and regular PDR’s to encourage career growth and development.
- Liaise and work alongside our Branch Partners, Head Nurse and Head Receptionist.
- Being a primary contact for the branch + OOH practices, which would include attending both new and existing practices to promote our services as required.
- Explore, review and implement any essential changes following team or client feedback, as required, replying to complaints.
- Organise and minute staff meetings, including critical event reviews and clinical audits.
- Oversee the debt management and accounts, direct line management of the accounts administrator.
Your Skills and Experience
- Ideally, you will have management experience within a dental, healthcare or commercial setting.
- Experience of working with financial records, to include P&L, KPIs and budget planning.
- The successful candidate would need to consistently demonstrate strong organisational and leadership skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for developing their colleagues and the practice.
- A natural leader, who is proactive, approachable and able to communicate confidently with people at all levels, building strong relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Confident in your abilities to make balanced decisions under pressure; considering patients, owners and the business, and able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance.
- Nursing or other veterinary background beneficial. Previous, recent experience in a management/leadership roles required.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.