Registered Veterinary Nurse – Alfreton
Medivet have an opportunity for a registered veterinary nurse to join the team at our exceptional 24-hour hospital in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
At Medivet Alfreton you will be working as part of a large, driven team of ten vets, twelve nurses and five receptionists. The dedicated and dynamic team of nurses and receptionists work alongside a team of vets, many of whom are certificate holders or are in the process of gaining them, specialising in dermatology, surgery, internal medicine, emergency & critical care and ophthalmology.
The practice is well-equipped with six consult rooms, separate dog and cat wards, three sterile theatres, separate suites for diagnostics, dental facilities, digital x-ray, two staff rooms and much more. Our hospital works to high standards throughout and is dedicated to delivering amazing client and patient care.
This is a permanent part-time position, covering 16 hours per week over two days (ideally Thursday & Friday) with 1:8 full weekends but we’re open to being flexible where we can so let us know what works for you.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £750 CPD allowance plus 2 days paid leave.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- Pension Scheme.
- Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including head nurse training scheme.
- Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities.
- 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Hapibenefits – Exclusive retail, days out and holiday discounts available.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, we want to be the best place for vets and nurses to work and we’re putting in the effort to do that. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical/surgical duties.
- Monitoring of anaesthesia.
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
- Nurse consultations.
- Assistance with handling of patients.
Your skills and experience
- Veterinary nursing degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Registered (or able to register) with the RCVS.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service and care for our patients and clients.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
- Flexible & adaptable in approach to work, happy to help and support wherever needed.
- Friendly & positive attitude towards working as part of a team.
- Drive to progress and expand skills/knowledge.
Our veterinary nurses are the heart of all our practices, you’ll be supporting vets in a number of ways and be at the front line of delivering exceptional care, from routine health checks to advanced surgeries you’ll work directly with patients and clients to offer care that’s bespoke to them and provide essential support that will allow the practice to deliver a gold standard experience.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.