Veterinary Surgeon – Edenbridge
Medivet Edenbridge, previously knowns as Lingfield Lodge was started in 1982, the present premises has been extended, re-equipped and refurbished in 2008. Situated close to Edenbridge, Dormansland and Lingfield we are easily found on the B2028, just West of Marsh Green. There is a large car park adjacent to the surgery which is down a private drive, with a beautiful, rural scene
What makes us unique?
Since 1982 the practice has held the contract to supply all veterinary services to Crayford Greyhound Stadium. This involves on of the vets attending all races and trails meetings, checking the dogs are fit and sound to race and offering first aid when necessary. Over this period they have gained a great deal of experience in dealing with racing injuries.
The branch is concerned about the environment, global warming and climate issues and are proactive to be environmentally friendly, with a negative carbon footprint. The surgery, three houses nearby and the grain drier are all heated by burning big straw bales, grown there on the farm.
The role at Edenbridge promises to offer a full and varied rota pattern incorporating consults, surgery and track visits. Continue reading to find more information on the Greyhound track! The role covers 40 hours per week, and you will be part of a weekend rota.
Key benefits include:
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave; extensive in-house CPD training.
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid.
- Certificates encouraged and funded.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
- 20% staff discount for own pets
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre and post-operative assessments.
- Develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies and procedures.
- Maintain patients’ medical records.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analysers.
- Ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available. We recognise the amazing work our people do and we strive to offer the best possible reward package in the veterinary sector.